Welcome to Outdoor Savages! We are a small group of friends that enjoys nothing more than to spend our free time in the outdoors. Here are the first hand accounts of our adventures. Enjoy!

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A Trip to Disney World

 
  I went to Disney World!  Yup, I went down to Orlando Florida for 4 days along with my brother, his girl friend, my mom, and my grandmother.  Before I go any further I want to clear the air and say "Disney World is not just for young children".  We enjoyed 4 days of trouble free life.  All we had to do was have a good time.  Everything else was taken care of.  I highly recommend taking a trip to Walt Disney World at some point.

    The reason the trip was so fantastic is simple.  Disney is very good at taking all the guess work out of your vacation.  It started with our baggage.  I  was on vacation, so i packed light.   Collectively, we decided to check all our bags to streamline the operation.   I had on me my wallet, cell phone, and watch.  Once we arrived at Westchester County Air Port(HPN) our bags were checked with the Disney Magical Express Tags, and they disappeared.  We walked through security and before we knew it the plane was leaving the ground.  The Jet Blue Flight was 2 hours and 20 minutes long.  I spent the time watching Married with Children, Jerry Springer, and Maury.  I also had a Dewer's on the rocks!  I really like flying Jet Blue.
 
 Once at Orlando Air Port(MCO) I found the Disney Bus area, and Bus #2 was our bus.  Remember we checked our bags?  Well Disney delivers them to your room so everything was cool.  By the time noon rolled around we had checked into our room and ate lunch.  It was time to take the monorail to EPCOT.  When I returned at 11 PM my bag was waiting in my room!  Now that is service!
    Disney's new bracelets also kick ass!  Back in the day Disney had cards, vin keys, and other devices.  Today you get a bracelet.  It is everything; park ticket, fast pass, room key, meal plan, charge card, and so on.  You can customize the color and functions of the bracelet.  You can also add things like fast pass via a mobile app. All you have to do is touch it to the receiving pad and you are good.   I believe Disney will be switching over to these soon, and I must say i like them a lot.
   Transportation is also top notch.  We were staying in the Contemporary Resort which has direct Monorail, bus, and ferry service to where ever you want to go.  On the way home we gave the bags to the man in the lobby.  He then asked for our ID's.  ???WHAT????  so we showed him and he printed out OUR BOARDING PASSES!!!!!!!!  LOL!  no airport lines.  our bags were picked up when we landed.  It was really that fast and easy!
   It was so easy to forget about everything and go nuts for a few days.  We visited Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Mickey's Christmas Party, and Animal Kingdom.  We Ate at; The Garden Grill(Epcot), Columbia Harbour House(Magic Kingdom), and The Cave(Contemporary Resort).  The Garden Grill in Epcot was by far the Best.  I ate Churos and mickey mouse ice cream from carts.  We rode buses, monorails, and boats.  We did so much in such a short period of time.  Here is now I sum my vacation up.  I NEVER TURNED THE TV ON.  It was a great time.  I think we are going to make a run down next year and stay one extra day so I can do a Disney fishing trip.  The big draw for an adult is the stress free aspect.  You just have to pay for it and show up.  A good time is automatic.
Space Ship Earth Entrance 

I got to return my grandma's buggy.  It hops curbs well.

No comments:

Post a Comment