Welcome to Outdoor Savages! We are a small group of friends that enjoys nothing more than to spend our free time in the outdoors. Here are the first hand accounts of our adventures. Enjoy!

Thursday, February 19, 2015

On the Ice

   Well, here we are, at the end of winter.  What have I been doing since duck season closed?  Ice Fishing.  We got another treat of really cold weather this year, and Ice conditions are amazing.  Every body of water is locked up nice and tight, and I won't have a problem getting on the lakes into March.  I have been lucky enough to get out once a week or so with my friends and that makes a miserably cold winter go by fast.  To be honest, I really look forward to ice fishing, and I am bummed out when we get a mild winter.  Here are some of our highlights from the ice. 




   Spring is right around the corner and even though it will take weeks to melt the snow and ice off I have begun tying some trout flies.  Like everyone else I am looking forward to spring and open water fishing.  


3 comments:

  1. As a Northern transplant I can agree with you fully. If I don't get in a few days each year of ice fishing due to warm weather I am bummed as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one year till now, I have just had a great trip like that last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. one year till now, I have just had a great trip like that last week.

    ReplyDelete