Welcome to Outdoor Savages! We are a small group of friends that enjoys nothing more than to spend our free time in the outdoors. Here are the first hand accounts of our adventures. Enjoy!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

In a Bad Rut


Boy i guess 2010 has been filled with extreme highs and lows. I have been struggling to find a decent trip. I have been either having a great trip or a major disappointment. One thing is for sure, work is cramping my style.

Today was the last day for ducks. Mr. Mike and i decided to go and do an Old Squaw hunt in open water. I wouldn't say i am in a bad rut. Today was just a disaster. Check out the sequence of events: I got the boat in and mike was there on time. I said to mike, "you got your gun"? Mr. Mike replies, "no, i thought you had it." So, there i was sitting in the dark while the boat idled. It only took Mr. Mike 10 minutes to get his duck killing weapon, at least the boat warmed up. The decoys only took about 10 minutes to set up. We each had a shot at an OS but we could not connect. We should have packed it in. It seems like all the clam boats from Norwalk wanted in on where we were hunting. We just could not get anything going and we ended on a bad note.

Duck season was really fun. I got to get out on the water for a few more months with my family and friends. I can't wait till next year. And i promise to shoot puddle ducks next season. Geese are still open till mid February. Enjoy some pics from this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment