Welcome to Outdoor Savages! We are a small group of friends that enjoys nothing more than to spend our free time in the outdoors. Here are the first hand accounts of our adventures. Enjoy!

Friday, June 4, 2010

Good Times!

June is here and the fishing is crazy good right now.
  I had some personal time to use at my job so i checked my log and decided  work would not have my services the first week in June.   The plan was to go clamming one day and hardcore fishing the next.  Wednesday i went clamming.  I loaded the boat with my rake and basket and set out.  When the tide got low enough i put on my waders and jumped overboard!  My rake found a bunch of hard clams in short order.  Before i knew it and before it got too damn hot out i had my basket full.  At home, my old lady was happy that i got a bunch of clams.  She culled them out by size; little necks, cherry stones, and chowder clams.  The chowder clams and cherry stones she gave to a neighbor who made stuffed clams.  The little necks she purged in the corn starch water mixture.  Dinner was stuffed clams and spaghetti clam sauce washed down with a whole bunch of vodka tonics!  What a day!


   Friday, i got an early start and was on my way to the fishing grounds at 5am.   As soon as i pulled in i noticed fish on top.  For the first hour i took a bunch of fish on white snake flies that i made up the other night after the clam dinner.  As the sun got high i switched to a crease fly.  Well, that got crushed too!  With in 30 min the epoxy was striped from the fly.  By 7am it was getting hot out and i had to switch to a sinking line and I continued to slay them.  Most of the fish were large enough to cut me into the backing, so it was a real scream fest.  Most of the fish were 24-28 inches and the largest one was a 29.  Got to love June.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog, and its great.

    I love clams, allmost any way they're prepared.

    Good stuff


    Brk Trt

    ReplyDelete